Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a volunteer?
- Once the application is completed you will be contacted for an interview.
- All potential volunteers 18 years of age and older must pass a Indiana State Police criminal history background check.
- The health screening includes completing the health history form, a blood test includes screenings for Tuberculosis, and immunity for the following diseases; Mumps/Measles/Rubella and Varicella. During the onboarding process you will be given instructions for how to schedule your appointment. There is no charge for this visit.
- All volunteers are required to attend the 2-hour session. You will have your picture taken for your badge and be required to complete a test at the end of orientation.
What is the minimum age requirement to volunteer?
16 years or older
What are the requirements to volunteer?
We ask that all volunteers commit to 6 months or at least 96 hours.
What types of volunteer positions are available?
During the interview you will be given an opportunity to discuss your specific goals and skills so we can best match you to our opportunities. Although we cannot guarantee an opening, we have opportunities that include; guest relations both in hospital and pavilion, clerical, pet therapy, baby cuddling, and various sewing/crafting opportunities.
What is the dress code?
- We provide you with a uniform shirt/jacket/ or vest.
- The dress code requires khaki, black, blue or white full- length pants. No denim.
- Tennis shoes required. No open toe shoes/sandals.
What shifts are available?
Shifts are 4 hours
What is shadowing/observation opportunities?
Community Health Network offers those considering a career in healthcare the opportunity to participate in a job shadow experience. Through job shadowing, students are able to supplement what they are learning in the classroom with direct exposure to the hospital environment. This is not the same as volunteering. Learn more about job shadowing.