Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a volunteer?
- Once the application is completed you will be contacted for an interview.
- All potential volunteers 18 years of age and older must pass an Indiana State Police criminal history background check.
- The health screening includes completing the health history form, a blood test includes screenings for Tuberculosis, and immunity for the following diseases; Mumps/Measles/Rubella and Varicella. During the onboarding process you will be given instructions for how to schedule your appointment. There is no charge for this visit.
- Volunteers are required to complete and annual Flu Vaccination and must have a COVID-19 Vaccination.
- All volunteers are required to complete orientation training binder. You will have your picture taken for your badge and be required to complete quizzes at the end of each training section.
What is the minimum age to volunteer?
Must be 18 years old or older.
What is the time requirement for volunteers?
Whether putting in one hour a week, or one hour a month, volunteers are always needed and feel rewarded knowing they are making a difference. Will work with your availability.
Are there seasonal only opportunities? A limited number of summer only volunteers are accepted.
What shifts are available? There are visits available seven days a week 9am to 8pm. Office hours are 8am to 5pm. Shift lengths vary based on role.
What types of positions are available? Patient and Family Support Volunteers and Office Support Volunteers.
If volunteering for a patient focused job, what are the counties available? Community Hospice serves Hamilton, Hancock, Johnson, Madison, and Marion counties in central Indiana.
If volunteering for a non-patient contact role, where can the job be performed? Some of our non-patient contact roles can be performed at the volunteers home, some duties will be performed at our office at, 9894 E 121st Street, Fishers, IN 46037
Does Community Hospice offer Pet Therapy program?
Yes. Only dogs with proper certification and requirements will be accepted. Owner has to complete Volunteer Orientation Training.
What is the dress code?
Dress attire for volunteers should be neat, clean and modest. Volunteers must wear closed toe shoes and wear Community Hospice issued ID badge.
Do I receive any benefits when I volunteer?
We reward our volunteers with service recognition, team celebrations, continued education, flu vaccinations and, most importantly, lots of smiles and gratitude.
How do you keep track of hours?
Volunteers will track hours on time sheet and submit to Volunteer Manager the first week of each month.