Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit?
18 years and older.
What qualifications are required?
- Clear criminal background check.
- Applicant must have healthcare experiences (as a patient or a family member of a patient) and feel comfortable sharing those experiences with the group.
- Willing to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
- Willing to sign permission to photograph, videotape, and/or record.
- Follow Communitys Mission, Vision, Values, and Standards of Behavior.
Do Community employees have an opportunity to participate?
At this time, we are not accepting applications from current or recent (within 10 years) Community Health Network employees or spouses of employees. Regional leaders will identify and appoint employees to participate on the Patient and Family Advisory Council. You voice is very important to us and we would like you to consider joining the Virtual Advisory Council to share your insight and opinions on specific topic about the patient experience at Community.
What is the time commitment?
Meetings are held every other month for two hours in the evening. We ask for a two-year commitment, totaling in 12 meetings during the term or 6 meetings per year. 5. What other representatives come to these meetings? a. Patient Experience staff and senior leadership.
Is there an orientation?
Yes, orientation material and online training tools will be provided via email.
Do you have an attendance policy?
We ask that you attend at minimum, 80% of the meetings during your two-year term.
What is the dress code?
Casual or business casual.
Where do I park?
Parking information varies for each facility. Please check out your locations site on eCommunity.com for more information. If you are asked to meet somewhere different than normal, directions and parking information will be provided.
What communication do I receive that I completed my application?
Upon submitting your application, a Thank You message will be sent to your email address you provided us during the application process.
How do I know the status of my application?
You may log into your account to view the status of your application.
Is there an interview process?
Yes, there is an initial phone screening and then an interview with other Community Health Network leaders.
Interested in helping but not able to make the commitment required to become a Patient Partner?
- Join our Virtual Advisory Council! This council is a group of people who volunteer to provide opinions via email on a variety of topics. Virtual Advisory Council members will receive a short survey requesting feedback and thoughts on specific tops no more than three times per month. This feedback will help guide our decisions regarding care and services at Community Health Network.
- Sign up for the Virtual Advisory Council.
What should you consider before applying?
- A positive approach and the ability to share and see many different points of view.
- Good listening skills.
- Enthusiasm for Community's promise of Exceptional care. Simply delivered.
- The ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive manner.
- The ability to communicate and work with others whose backgrounds, experiences, and styles may differ from your own.
Why should I apply?
Patient Partners join Community Health Network in working together to plan and improve the experience of all who receive care at Community.
Is there someone we can contact for more information?
- Phone: 317.621.7001
- Email: PartnersInCare@eCommunity.com